10 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 10:
2 × 5
2 × 5
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 10 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 10
- Cardinal: 10 can be written as Ten.
- Scientific notation: 1 × 101
Factors of 10
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 10
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 18
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 8
- 10 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (8) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 2
Bases of 10
- Binary: 1010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xa
Squares and roots of 10
- 10 squared (102) is 100
- 10 cubed (103) is 1000
square rootof 10 is 3.1622776601
cube rootof 10 is 2.1544346901
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 10?
To count from 1 to 10 would take you about five seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 10 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 10
- 10 backwards is 01
- 10 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 10's digits is 1
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 10 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!