108 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 108:
22 × 33
(2 × 2 × 3 × 3 × 3)
22 × 33(2 × 2 × 3 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 108 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 108
- Cardinal: 108 can be written as One hundred eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.08 × 102
Factors of 108
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 108
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 280
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 172
- 108 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (172) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 64
Bases of 108
- Binary: 1101100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x6c
Squares and roots of 108
- 108 squared (1082) is 11664
- 108 cubed (1083) is 1259712
square rootof 108 is 10.3923048455
cube rootof 108 is 4.7622031559
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 108?
- 108 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 48 seconds.
To count from 1 to 108 would take you about fifty-four seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 108 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 108
- 108 backwards is 801
- 108 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 108's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 108 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!