118 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 118:
2 × 59
2 × 59
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 118 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 118
- Cardinal: 118 can be written as One hundred eighteen.
- Scientific notation: 1.18 × 102
Factors of 118
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 61
Divisors of 118
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 180
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 62
- 118 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (62) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 56
Bases of 118
- Binary: 1110110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x76
Squares and roots of 118
- 118 squared (1182) is 13924
- 118 cubed (1183) is 1643032
square rootof 118 is 10.8627804913
cube rootof 118 is 4.9048681317
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 118?
- 118 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 58 seconds.
To count from 1 to 118 would take you about fifty-nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 118 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 118
- 118 backwards is 811
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 118's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 118 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!