126 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 126:
2 × 32 × 7
(2 × 3 × 3 × 7)
2 × 32 × 7(2 × 3 × 3 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 126 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 126
- Cardinal: 126 can be written as One hundred twenty-six.
- Scientific notation: 1.26 × 102
Factors of 126
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 12
Divisors of 126
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 312
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 186
- 126 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (186) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 60
Bases of 126
- Binary: 1111110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x7e
Squares and roots of 126
- 126 squared (1262) is 15876
- 126 cubed (1263) is 2000376
square rootof 126 is 11.2249721603
cube rootof 126 is 5.0132979349
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 126?
- 126 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 126 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 126 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 126
- 126 backwards is 621
- 126 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 126's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 126 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!