147 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 147:
3 × 72
(3 × 7 × 7)
3 × 72(3 × 7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 147 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 147
- Cardinal: 147 can be written as One hundred forty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 1.47 × 102
Factors of 147
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 147
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 228
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 81
- 147 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (81) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 66
Bases of 147
- Binary: 10010011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x93
Squares and roots of 147
- 147 squared (1472) is 21609
- 147 cubed (1473) is 3176523
square rootof 147 is 12.1243556529
cube rootof 147 is 5.2776320879
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 147?
- 147 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 27 seconds.
To count from 1 to 147 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 147 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 147
- 147 backwards is 741
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 147's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 147 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!