168 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 168:
23 × 3 × 7
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 7)
23 × 3 × 7(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 168 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 168
- Cardinal: 168 can be written as One hundred sixty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.68 × 102
Factors of 168
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 12
Divisors of 168
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 480
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 312
- 168 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (312) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 144
Bases of 168
- Binary: 10101000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xa8
Squares and roots of 168
- 168 squared (1682) is 28224
- 168 cubed (1683) is 4741632
square rootof 168 is 12.9614813969
cube rootof 168 is 5.5178483527
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 168?
- 168 seconds is equal to 2 minutes, 48 seconds.
To count from 1 to 168 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 168 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 168
- 168 backwards is 861
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 168's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 168 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!