17 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 17:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 17 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 17
- Cardinal: 17 can be written as Seventeen.
- Scientific notation: 1.7 × 101
Factors of 17
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 17
Divisors of 17
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 18
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 17 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 16
Bases of 17
- Binary: 10001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x11
Squares and roots of 17
- 17 squared (172) is 289
- 17 cubed (173) is 4913
square rootof 17 is 4.1231056257
cube rootof 17 is 2.5712815907
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 17?
To count from 1 to 17 would take you about eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 17 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 17
- 17 backwards is 71
- 17 is a
twin prime! Its twin is 19
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 17's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 17 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!