189 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 189:
33 × 7
(3 × 3 × 3 × 7)
33 × 7(3 × 3 × 3 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 189 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 189
- Cardinal: 189 can be written as One hundred eighty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 1.89 × 102
Factors of 189
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 189
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 320
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 131
- 189 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (131) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 58
Bases of 189
- Binary: 10111101 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xbd
Squares and roots of 189
- 189 squared (1892) is 35721
- 189 cubed (1893) is 6751269
square rootof 189 is 13.7477270847
cube rootof 189 is 5.7387935485
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 189?
- 189 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 9 seconds.
To count from 1 to 189 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 189 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 189
- 189 backwards is 981
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 189's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 189 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!