2 is the only even prime number which exists. Like all prime numbers, it has no factors apart from itself and one.
Prime factorization of 2:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 2 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 2
- Cardinal: 2 can be written as Two.
- Scientific notation: 2 × 100
Factors of 2
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 2
Divisors of 2
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 2 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1
Bases of 2
- Binary: 10 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x2
Squares and roots of 2
- 2 squared (22) is 4
- 2 cubed (23) is 8
square rootof 2 is 1.4142135625
cube rootof 2 is 1.2599210499
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 2?
To count from 1 to 2 would take you about one second.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 2 cubic inches would be around 0.1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 2
2 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
palindromic prime number.
- 2 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 1
- The sum of 2's digits is 2
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 2 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!