24 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 24:
23 × 3
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3)
23 × 3(2 × 2 × 2 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 24 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 24
- Cardinal: 24 can be written as Twenty-four.
- Scientific notation: 2.4 × 101
Factors of 24
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 24
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 60
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 36
- 24 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (36) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 24
- Binary: 11000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x18
Squares and roots of 24
- 24 squared (242) is 576
- 24 cubed (243) is 13824
square rootof 24 is 4.8989794855
cube rootof 24 is 2.8844991407
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 24?
To count from 1 to 24 would take you about twelve seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 24 cubic inches would be around 0.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 24
- 24 backwards is 42
- 24 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 24's digits is 6
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 24 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!