27 is an odd composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself two times. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 27:
(3 × 3 × 3)
33(3 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 27 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 27
- Cardinal: 27 can be written as Twenty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 2.7 × 101
Factors of 27
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 3
Divisors of 27
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 40
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 13
- 27 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (13) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 14
Bases of 27
- Binary: 11011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x1b
Squares and roots of 27
- 27 squared (272) is 729
- 27 cubed (273) is 19683
square rootof 27 is 5.1961524229
27 is a
perfect cube number. Its cube rootis 3
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 27?
To count from 1 to 27 would take you about thirteen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 27 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 27
- 27 backwards is 72
- 27 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 27's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 27 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!