294 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 294:
2 × 3 × 72
(2 × 3 × 7 × 7)
2 × 3 × 72(2 × 3 × 7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 294 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 294
- Cardinal: 294 can be written as Two hundred ninety-four.
- Scientific notation: 2.94 × 102
Factors of 294
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 12
Divisors of 294
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 684
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 390
- 294 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (390) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 96
Bases of 294
- Binary: 100100110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x126
Squares and roots of 294
- 294 squared (2942) is 86436
- 294 cubed (2943) is 25412184
square rootof 294 is 17.1464281995
cube rootof 294 is 6.6493997613
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 294?
- 294 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 54 seconds.
To count from 1 to 294 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 294 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 294
- 294 backwards is 492
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 294's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 294 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!