314 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 314:
2 × 157
2 × 157
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 314 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 314
- Cardinal: 314 can be written as Three hundred fourteen.
- Scientific notation: 3.14 × 102
Factors of 314
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 159
Divisors of 314
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 474
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 160
- 314 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (160) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 154
Bases of 314
- Binary: 100111010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x13a
Squares and roots of 314
- 314 squared (3142) is 98596
- 314 cubed (3143) is 30959144
square rootof 314 is 17.7200451467
cube rootof 314 is 6.7968843859
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 314?
- 314 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 14 seconds.
To count from 1 to 314 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 314 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 314
- 314 backwards is 413
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 314's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 314 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!