3140 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 3140:
22 × 5 × 157
(2 × 2 × 5 × 157)
22 × 5 × 157(2 × 2 × 5 × 157)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 3140 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 3140
- Cardinal: 3140 can be written as Three thousand, one hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 3.14 × 103
Factors of 3140
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 164
Divisors of 3140
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 6636
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 3496
- 3140 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (3496) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 356
Bases of 3140
- Binary: 110001000100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xc44
Squares and roots of 3140
- 3140 squared (31402) is 9859600
- 3140 cubed (31403) is 30959144000
square rootof 3140 is 56.0357029043
cube rootof 3140 is 14.6434435051
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 3140?
- 3,140 seconds is equal to 52 minutes, 20 seconds.
To count from 1 to 3,140 would take you about fifty-two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 3140 cubic inches would be around 1.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 3140
- 3140 backwards is 0413
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 3140's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 3140 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!