32 is an even composite number. It is composed of one distinct prime number multiplied by itself four times. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 32:
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2)
25(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 32 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 32
- Cardinal: 32 can be written as Thirty-two.
- Scientific notation: 3.2 × 101
Factors of 32
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 2
Divisors of 32
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 63
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 31
- 32 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (31) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1
Bases of 32
- Binary: 100000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x20
Squares and roots of 32
- 32 squared (322) is 1024
- 32 cubed (323) is 32768
square rootof 32 is 5.6568542497
cube rootof 32 is 3.1748021039
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 32?
To count from 1 to 32 would take you about sixteen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 32 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 32
- 32 backwards is 23
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 32's digits is 5
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 32 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!