340 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 340:
22 × 5 × 17
(2 × 2 × 5 × 17)
22 × 5 × 17(2 × 2 × 5 × 17)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 340 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 340
- Cardinal: 340 can be written as Three hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 3.4 × 102
Factors of 340
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 24
Divisors of 340
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 756
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 416
- 340 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (416) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 76
Bases of 340
- Binary: 101010100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x154
Squares and roots of 340
- 340 squared (3402) is 115600
- 340 cubed (3403) is 39304000
square rootof 340 is 18.4390889145
cube rootof 340 is 6.9795320469
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 340?
- 340 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 40 seconds.
To count from 1 to 340 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 340 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 340
- 340 backwards is 043
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 340's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 340 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!