36 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of nine divisors.
Prime factorization of 36:
22 × 32
(2 × 2 × 3 × 3)
22 × 32(2 × 2 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 36 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 36
- Cardinal: 36 can be written as Thirty-six.
- Scientific notation: 3.6 × 101
Factors of 36
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 36
- Number of divisors d(n): 9
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 91
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 55
- 36 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (55) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 19
Bases of 36
- Binary: 100100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x24
Squares and roots of 36
- 36 squared (362) is 1296
- 36 cubed (363) is 46656
36 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 6
cube rootof 36 is 3.3019272489
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 36?
To count from 1 to 36 would take you about eighteen seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 36 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 36
- 36 backwards is 63
- 36 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 36's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 36 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!