48 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of ten divisors.
Prime factorization of 48:
24 × 3
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3)
24 × 3(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 48 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 48
- Cardinal: 48 can be written as Forty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 4.8 × 101
Factors of 48
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 48
- Number of divisors d(n): 10
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 124
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 76
- 48 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (76) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 28
Bases of 48
- Binary: 110000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x30
Squares and roots of 48
- 48 squared (482) is 2304
- 48 cubed (483) is 110592
square rootof 48 is 6.9282032303
cube rootof 48 is 3.6342411855
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 48?
To count from 1 to 48 would take you about twenty-four seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 48 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 48
- 48 backwards is 84
- 48 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 48's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 48 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!