59 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 59:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 59 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 59
- Cardinal: 59 can be written as Fifty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 5.9 × 101
Factors of 59
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 59
Divisors of 59
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 60
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 59 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 58
Bases of 59
- Binary: 111011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x3b
Squares and roots of 59
- 59 squared (592) is 3481
- 59 cubed (593) is 205379
square rootof 59 is 7.6811457479
cube rootof 59 is 3.8929964159
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 59?
To count from 1 to 59 would take you about twenty-nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 59 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 59
- 59 backwards is 95
- 59 is a
twin prime! Its twin is 61
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 59's digits is 14
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 59 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!