686 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 686:
2 × 73
(2 × 7 × 7 × 7)
2 × 73(2 × 7 × 7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 686 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 686
- Cardinal: 686 can be written as Six hundred eighty-six.
- Scientific notation: 6.86 × 102
Factors of 686
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 9
Divisors of 686
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1200
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 514
- 686 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (514) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 172
Bases of 686
- Binary: 1010101110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x2ae
Squares and roots of 686
- 686 squared (6862) is 470596
- 686 cubed (6863) is 322828856
square rootof 686 is 26.1916017075
cube rootof 686 is 8.8194473493
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 686?
- 686 seconds is equal to 11 minutes, 26 seconds.
To count from 1 to 686 would take you about five minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 686 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 686
686 is the same when its digits are reversed! That makes it a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 686's digits is 20
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 686 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!