72 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 72:
23 × 32
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 3)
23 × 32(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 3)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 72 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 72
- Cardinal: 72 can be written as Seventy-two.
- Scientific notation: 7.2 × 101
Factors of 72
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 5
Divisors of 72
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 195
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 123
- 72 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (123) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 51
Bases of 72
- Binary: 1001000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x48
Squares and roots of 72
- 72 squared (722) is 5184
- 72 cubed (723) is 373248
square rootof 72 is 8.4852813743
cube rootof 72 is 4.1601676461
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 72?
- 72 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 12 seconds.
To count from 1 to 72 would take you about thirty-six seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 72 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 72
- 72 backwards is 27
- 72 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 72's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 72 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!