84 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 84:
22 × 3 × 7
(2 × 2 × 3 × 7)
22 × 3 × 7(2 × 2 × 3 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 84 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 84
- Cardinal: 84 can be written as Eighty-four.
- Scientific notation: 8.4 × 101
Factors of 84
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 12
Divisors of 84
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 224
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 140
- 84 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (140) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 56
Bases of 84
- Binary: 1010100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x54
Squares and roots of 84
- 84 squared (842) is 7056
- 84 cubed (843) is 592704
square rootof 84 is 9.1651513899
cube rootof 84 is 4.3795191399
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 84?
- 84 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 24 seconds.
To count from 1 to 84 would take you about forty-two seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 84 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 84
- 84 backwards is 48
- 84 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 84's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 84 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!