97 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 97:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 97 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 97
- Cardinal: 97 can be written as Ninety-seven.
- Scientific notation: 9.7 × 101
Factors of 97
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 97
Divisors of 97
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 98
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 97 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 96
Bases of 97
- Binary: 1100001 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x61
Squares and roots of 97
- 97 squared (972) is 9409
- 97 cubed (973) is 912673
square rootof 97 is 9.8488578018
cube rootof 97 is 4.5947008923
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 97?
- 97 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 37 seconds.
To count from 1 to 97 would take you about forty-eight seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 97 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 97
- 97 backwards is 79
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 97's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 97 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!