98 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 98:
2 × 72
(2 × 7 × 7)
2 × 72(2 × 7 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 98 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 98
- Cardinal: 98 can be written as Ninety-eight.
- Scientific notation: 9.8 × 101
Factors of 98
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 9
Divisors of 98
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 171
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 73
- 98 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (73) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 25
Bases of 98
- Binary: 1100010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x62
Squares and roots of 98
- 98 squared (982) is 9604
- 98 cubed (983) is 941192
square rootof 98 is 9.8994949365
cube rootof 98 is 4.6104362921
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 98?
- 98 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 38 seconds.
To count from 1 to 98 would take you about forty-nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 98 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 98
- 98 backwards is 89
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 98's digits is 17
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 98 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!