106 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 106:
2 × 53
2 × 53
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 106 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 106
- Cardinal: 106 can be written as One hundred six.
- Scientific notation: 1.06 × 102
Factors of 106
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 55
Divisors of 106
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 162
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 56
- 106 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (56) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 50
Bases of 106
- Binary: 1101010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x6a
Squares and roots of 106
- 106 squared (1062) is 11236
- 106 cubed (1063) is 1191016
square rootof 106 is 10.2956301409
cube rootof 106 is 4.7326234911
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 106?
- 106 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 46 seconds.
To count from 1 to 106 would take you about fifty-three seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 106 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 106
- 106 backwards is 601
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 106's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 106 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!