1089 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of nine divisors.
Prime factorization of 1089:
32 × 112
(3 × 3 × 11 × 11)
32 × 112(3 × 3 × 11 × 11)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1089 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1089
- Cardinal: 1089 can be written as One thousand and eighty-nine.
- Scientific notation: 1.089 × 103
Factors of 1089
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 14
Divisors of 1089
- Number of divisors d(n): 9
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1729
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 640
- 1089 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (640) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 449
Bases of 1089
- Binary: 100010000012
- Hexadecimal: 0x441
- Base-36: U9
Squares and roots of 1089
- 1089 squared (10892) is 1185921
- 1089 cubed (10893) is 1291467969
1089 is a
perfect square number. Its square rootis 33
cube rootof 1089 is 10.2882764781
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1089?
- 1,089 seconds is equal to 18 minutes, 9 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,089 would take you about eighteen minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1089 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1089
- 1089 backwards is 9801
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1089's digits is 18
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1089 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 7 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1089 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 7 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1089/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1089 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1089/
The information we have on file for 1089 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!