1196 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 1196:
22 × 13 × 23
(2 × 2 × 13 × 23)
22 × 13 × 23(2 × 2 × 13 × 23)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1196 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1196
- Cardinal: 1196 can be written as One thousand, one hundred ninety-six.
- Scientific notation: 1.196 × 103
Factors of 1196
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 38
Divisors of 1196
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2352
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1156
- 1196 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1156) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 40
Bases of 1196
- Binary: 100101011002
- Hexadecimal: 0x4AC
- Base-36: X8
Squares and roots of 1196
- 1196 squared (11962) is 1430416
- 1196 cubed (11963) is 1710777536
square rootof 1196 is 34.5832329313
cube rootof 1196 is 10.6147652307
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1196?
- 1,196 seconds is equal to 19 minutes, 56 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,196 would take you about nineteen minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1196 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1196
- 1196 backwards is 6911
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1196's digits is 17
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1196 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 17 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1196 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 17 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1196/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1196 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1196/
The information we have on file for 1196 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!