1272 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 1272:
23 × 3 × 53
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 53)
23 × 3 × 53(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 53)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1272 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1272
- Cardinal: 1272 can be written as One thousand, two hundred seventy-two.
- Scientific notation: 1.272 × 103
Factors of 1272
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 58
Divisors of 1272
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3240
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1968
- 1272 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1968) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 696
Bases of 1272
- Binary: 10011111000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x4f8
Squares and roots of 1272
- 1272 squared (12722) is 1617984
- 1272 cubed (12723) is 2058075648
square rootof 1272 is 35.6651090003
cube rootof 1272 is 10.8350030299
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1272?
- 1,272 seconds is equal to 21 minutes, 12 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,272 would take you about twenty-one minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 1272 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1272
- 1272 backwards is 2721
- 1272 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1272's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 1272 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!