1280 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eighteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 1280:
28 × 5(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1280 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1280
- Cardinal: 1280 can be written as One thousand, two hundred eighty.
- Scientific notation: 1.28 × 103
Factors of 1280
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 9
- Sum of prime factors: 7
Divisors of 1280
- Number of divisors d(n): 18
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3066
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1786
- 1280 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1786) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 506
Bases of 1280
- Binary: 101000000002
- Hexadecimal: 0x500
- Base-36: ZK
Squares and roots of 1280
- 1280 squared (12802) is 1638400
- 1280 cubed (12803) is 2097152000
square rootof 1280 is 35.7770876399
cube rootof 1280 is 10.8576704663
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1280?
- 1,280 seconds is equal to 21 minutes, 20 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,280 would take you about twenty-one minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1280 cubic inches would be around 0.9 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1280
- 1280 backwards is 0821
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1280's digits is 11
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1280 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2020. Web. 19 January 2020.
Numbermatics. (2020). Number 1280 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 19 January 2020, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1280/
Numbermatics. 2020. "Number 1280 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1280/
The information we have on file for 1280 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!
Keywords: Divisors of 1280, math, Factors of 1280, curriculum, school, college, exams, university, Prime factorization of 1280, STEM, science, technology, engineering, physics, economics, calculator, one thousand, two hundred eighty.