1686 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 1686:
2 × 3 × 281
2 × 3 × 281
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1686 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1686
- Cardinal: 1686 can be written as One thousand, six hundred eighty-six.
- Scientific notation: 1.686 × 103
Factors of 1686
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 286
Divisors of 1686
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3384
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1698
- 1686 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1698) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 1686
- Binary: 110100101102
- Hexadecimal: 0x696
- Base-36: 1AU
Squares and roots of 1686
- 1686 squared (16862) is 2842596
- 1686 cubed (16863) is 4792616856
square rootof 1686 is 41.0609303353
cube rootof 1686 is 11.9019792861
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1686?
- 1,686 seconds is equal to 28 minutes, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,686 would take you about twenty-eight minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1686 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1686
- 1686 backwards is 6861
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1686's digits is 21
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1686 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 6 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1686 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 6 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1686/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1686 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1686/
The information we have on file for 1686 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!