188 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 188:
22 × 47
(2 × 2 × 47)
22 × 47(2 × 2 × 47)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 188 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 188
- Cardinal: 188 can be written as One hundred eighty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.88 × 102
Factors of 188
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 49
Divisors of 188
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 336
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 148
- 188 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (148) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 40
Bases of 188
- Binary: 10111100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xBC
- Base-36: 58
Squares and roots of 188
- 188 squared (1882) is 35344
- 188 cubed (1883) is 6644672
square rootof 188 is 13.7113092009
cube rootof 188 is 5.7286543161
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 188?
- 188 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 8 seconds.
To count from 1 to 188 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 188 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 188
- 188 backwards is 881
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 188's digits is 17
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 188 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!