1968 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twenty divisors.
Prime factorization of 1968:
24 × 3 × 41
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 41)
24 × 3 × 41(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 41)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1968 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1968
- Cardinal: 1968 can be written as One thousand, nine hundred sixty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 1.968 × 103
Factors of 1968
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 46
Divisors of 1968
- Number of divisors d(n): 20
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 5208
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 3240
- 1968 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (3240) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 1272
Bases of 1968
- Binary: 111101100002
- Hexadecimal: 0x7B0
- Base-36: 1IO
Squares and roots of 1968
- 1968 squared (19682) is 3873024
- 1968 cubed (19683) is 7622111232
square rootof 1968 is 44.3621460257
cube rootof 1968 is 12.5316531121
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1968?
- 1,968 seconds is equal to 32 minutes, 48 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,968 would take you about thirty-two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1968 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1968
- 1968 backwards is 8691
- 1968 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1968's digits is 24
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1968 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 September 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1968 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 September 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1968/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1968 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1968/
The information we have on file for 1968 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!