1986 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 1986:
2 × 3 × 331
2 × 3 × 331
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1986 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1986
- Cardinal: 1986 can be written as One thousand, nine hundred eighty-six.
- Scientific notation: 1.986 × 103
Factors of 1986
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 336
Divisors of 1986
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3984
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1998
- 1986 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1998) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 1986
- Binary: 111110000102
- Hexadecimal: 0x7C2
- Base-36: 1J6
Squares and roots of 1986
- 1986 squared (19862) is 3944196
- 1986 cubed (19863) is 7833173256
square rootof 1986 is 44.5645599105
cube rootof 1986 is 12.5697434775
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1986?
- 1,986 seconds is equal to 33 minutes, 6 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,986 would take you about thirty-three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 1986 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1986
- 1986 backwards is 6891
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1986's digits is 24
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 1986 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 13 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 1986 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 13 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/1986/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 1986 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/1986/
The information we have on file for 1986 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!