199 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 199:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 199 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 199
- Cardinal: 199 can be written as One hundred ninety-nine.
- Scientific notation: 1.99 × 102
Factors of 199
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 199
Divisors of 199
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 200
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 199 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 198
Bases of 199
- Binary: 11000111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xc7
Squares and roots of 199
- 199 squared (1992) is 39601
- 199 cubed (1993) is 7880599
square rootof 199 is 14.1067359797
cube rootof 199 is 5.8382724609
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 199?
- 199 seconds is equal to 3 minutes, 19 seconds.
To count from 1 to 199 would take you about one minute.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 199 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 199
- 199 backwards is 991
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 199's digits is 19
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 199 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!