2042 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 2042:
2 × 1021
2 × 1021
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 2042 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 2042
- Cardinal: 2042 can be written as Two thousand and forty-two.
- Scientific notation: 2.042 × 103
Factors of 2042
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 1023
Divisors of 2042
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3066
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1024
- 2042 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1024) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1018
Bases of 2042
- Binary: 111111110102
- Hexadecimal: 0x7FA
- Base-36: 1KQ
Squares and roots of 2042
- 2042 squared (20422) is 4169764
- 2042 cubed (20423) is 8514658088
square rootof 2042 is 45.1884941109
cube rootof 2042 is 12.6867947143
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 2042?
- 2,042 seconds is equal to 34 minutes, 2 seconds.
To count from 1 to 2,042 would take you about thirty-four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 2042 cubic inches would be around 1.1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 2042
- 2042 backwards is 2402
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 2042's digits is 8
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 2042 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 12 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 2042 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 12 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/2042/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 2042 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/2042/
The information we have on file for 2042 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!