258 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 258:
2 × 3 × 43
2 × 3 × 43
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 258 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 258
- Cardinal: 258 can be written as Two hundred fifty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 2.58 × 102
Factors of 258
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 48
Divisors of 258
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 528
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 270
- 258 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (270) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 258
- Binary: 100000010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x102
Squares and roots of 258
- 258 squared (2582) is 66564
- 258 cubed (2583) is 17173512
square rootof 258 is 16.0623784043
cube rootof 258 is 6.3660967605
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 258?
- 258 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 18 seconds.
To count from 1 to 258 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 258 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 258
- 258 backwards is 852
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 258's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 258 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!