287 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of four divisors.
Prime factorization of 287:
7 × 41
7 × 41
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 287 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 287
- Cardinal: 287 can be written as Two hundred eighty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 2.87 × 102
Factors of 287
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 2
- Sum of prime factors: 48
Divisors of 287
- Number of divisors d(n): 4
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 336
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 49
- 287 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (49) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 238
Bases of 287
- Binary: 100011111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x11F
- Base-36: 7Z
Squares and roots of 287
- 287 squared (2872) is 82369
- 287 cubed (2873) is 23639903
square rootof 287 is 16.9410743461
cube rootof 287 is 6.5962022839
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 287?
- 287 seconds is equal to 4 minutes, 47 seconds.
To count from 1 to 287 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 287 cubic inches would be around 0.5 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 287
- 287 backwards is 782
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 287's digits is 17
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 287 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!