3157 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 3157:
7 × 11 × 41
7 × 11 × 41
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 3157 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 3157
- Cardinal: 3157 can be written as Three thousand, one hundred fifty-seven.
- Scientific notation: 3.157 × 103
Factors of 3157
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 59
Divisors of 3157
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 4032
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 875
- 3157 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (875) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 2282
Bases of 3157
- Binary: 1100010101012
- Hexadecimal: 0xC55
- Base-36: 2FP
Squares and roots of 3157
- 3157 squared (31572) is 9966649
- 3157 cubed (31573) is 31464710893
square rootof 3157 is 56.1871871515
cube rootof 3157 is 14.6698225533
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 3157?
- 3,157 seconds is equal to 52 minutes, 37 seconds.
To count from 1 to 3,157 would take you about fifty-two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 3157 cubic inches would be around 1.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 3157
- 3157 backwards is 7513
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 3157's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 3157 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 6 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 3157 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 6 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/3157/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 3157 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/3157/
The information we have on file for 3157 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!