3179 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 3179:
11 × 172
(11 × 17 × 17)
11 × 172(11 × 17 × 17)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 3179 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 3179
- Cardinal: 3179 can be written as Three thousand, one hundred seventy-nine.
- Scientific notation: 3.179 × 103
Factors of 3179
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 28
Divisors of 3179
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 3684
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 505
- 3179 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (505) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 2674
Bases of 3179
- Binary: 110001101011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xC6B
- Base-36: 2GB
Squares and roots of 3179
- 3179 squared (31792) is 10106041
- 3179 cubed (31793) is 32127104339
square rootof 3179 is 56.3826214361
cube rootof 3179 is 14.7038199461
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 3179?
- 3,179 seconds is equal to 52 minutes, 59 seconds.
To count from 1 to 3,179 would take you about fifty-two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 3179 cubic inches would be around 1.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 3179
- 3179 backwards is 9713
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 3179's digits is 20
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 3179 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!