318 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 318:
2 × 3 × 53
2 × 3 × 53
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 318 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 318
- Cardinal: 318 can be written as Three hundred eighteen.
- Scientific notation: 3.18 × 102
Factors of 318
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 58
Divisors of 318
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 648
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 330
- 318 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (330) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 12
Bases of 318
- Binary: 100111110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x13e
Squares and roots of 318
- 318 squared (3182) is 101124
- 318 cubed (3183) is 32157432
square rootof 318 is 17.8325545001
cube rootof 318 is 6.8256241965
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 318?
- 318 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 18 seconds.
To count from 1 to 318 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 318 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 318
- 318 backwards is 813
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 318's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 318 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!