3231 is an odd composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 3231:
32 × 359
(3 × 3 × 359)
32 × 359(3 × 3 × 359)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 3231 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 3231
- Cardinal: 3231 can be written as Three thousand, two hundred thirty-one.
- Scientific notation: 3.231 × 103
Factors of 3231
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 362
Divisors of 3231
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 4680
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1449
- 3231 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1449) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 1782
Bases of 3231
- Binary: 1100100111112
- Hexadecimal: 0xC9F
- Base-36: 2HR
Squares and roots of 3231
- 3231 squared (32312) is 10439361
- 3231 cubed (32313) is 33729575391
square rootof 3231 is 56.8418859645
cube rootof 3231 is 14.7835585619
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 3231?
- 3,231 seconds is equal to 53 minutes, 51 seconds.
To count from 1 to 3,231 would take you about fifty-three minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 3231 cubic inches would be around 1.2 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 3231
- 3231 backwards is 1323
- 3231 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 3231's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 3231 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 22 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 3231 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 22 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/3231/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 3231 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/3231/
The information we have on file for 3231 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!