338 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 338:
2 × 132
(2 × 13 × 13)
2 × 132(2 × 13 × 13)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 338 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 338
- Cardinal: 338 can be written as Three hundred thirty-eight.
- Scientific notation: 3.38 × 102
Factors of 338
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 15
Divisors of 338
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 549
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 211
- 338 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (211) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 127
Bases of 338
- Binary: 101010010 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x152
Squares and roots of 338
- 338 squared (3382) is 114244
- 338 cubed (3383) is 38614472
square rootof 338 is 18.3847763109
cube rootof 338 is 6.9658197677
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 338?
- 338 seconds is equal to 5 minutes, 38 seconds.
To count from 1 to 338 would take you about two minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 338 cubic inches would be around 0.6 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 338
- 338 backwards is 833
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 338's digits is 14
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 338 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!