4240 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twenty divisors.
Prime factorization of 4240:
24 × 5 × 53
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 53)
24 × 5 × 53(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 53)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 4240 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 4240
- Cardinal: 4240 can be written as Four thousand, two hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 4.24 × 103
Factors of 4240
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 60
Divisors of 4240
- Number of divisors d(n): 20
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 10044
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 5804
- 4240 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (5804) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 1564
Bases of 4240
- Binary: 10000100100002
- Hexadecimal: 0x1090
- Base-36: 39S
Squares and roots of 4240
- 4240 squared (42402) is 17977600
- 4240 cubed (42403) is 76225024000
square rootof 4240 is 65.1152823843
cube rootof 4240 is 16.1853446691
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 4240?
- 4,240 seconds is equal to 10 minutes, 40 seconds.
To count from 1 to 4,240 would take you about ten minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 4240 cubic inches would be around 1.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 4240
- 4240 backwards is 0424
- 4240 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 4240's digits is 10
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 4240 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 December 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 4240 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 December 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/4240/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 4240 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/4240/
The information we have on file for 4240 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!