492 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twelve divisors.
Prime factorization of 492:
22 × 3 × 41
(2 × 2 × 3 × 41)
22 × 3 × 41(2 × 2 × 3 × 41)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 492 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 492
- Cardinal: 492 can be written as Four hundred ninety-two.
- Scientific notation: 4.92 × 102
Factors of 492
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 4
- Sum of prime factors: 46
Divisors of 492
- Number of divisors d(n): 12
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1176
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 684
- 492 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (684) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 192
Bases of 492
- Binary: 1111011002
- Hexadecimal: 0x1EC
- Base-36: DO
Squares and roots of 492
- 492 squared (4922) is 242064
- 492 cubed (4923) is 119095488
square rootof 492 is 22.1810730129
cube rootof 492 is 7.8944467729
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 492?
- 492 seconds is equal to 8 minutes, 12 seconds.
To count from 1 to 492 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 492 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 492
- 492 backwards is 294
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 492's digits is 15
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 492 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 492 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/492/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 492 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/492/
The information we have on file for 492 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!