49979 is an odd composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 49979:
23 × 41 × 53
23 × 41 × 53
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 49979 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 49979
- Cardinal: 49979 can be written as Forty-nine thousand, nine hundred seventy-nine.
- Scientific notation: 4.9979 × 104
Factors of 49979
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 117
Divisors of 49979
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 54432
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 4453
- 49979 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (4453) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 45526
Bases of 49979
- Binary: 1100001100111011 2
- Hexadecimal: 0xC33B
- Base-36: 12KB
Squares and roots of 49979
- 49979 squared (499792) is 2497900441
- 49979 cubed (499793) is 124842566140739
square rootof 49979 is 223.5598353909
cube rootof 49979 is 36.8351566201
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 49979?
- 49,979 seconds is equal to 13 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds.
To count from 1 to 49,979 would take you about thirteen hours.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 49979 cubic inches would be around 3.1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 49979
- 49979 backwards is 97994
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 5
- The sum of 49979's digits is 38
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 49979 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!