596 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 596:
22 × 149
(2 × 2 × 149)
22 × 149(2 × 2 × 149)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 596 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 596
- Cardinal: 596 can be written as Five hundred ninety-six.
- Scientific notation: 5.96 × 102
Factors of 596
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 151
Divisors of 596
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1050
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 454
- 596 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (454) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 142
Bases of 596
- Binary: 1001010100 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x254
Squares and roots of 596
- 596 squared (5962) is 355216
- 596 cubed (5963) is 211708736
square rootof 596 is 24.4131112315
cube rootof 596 is 8.4155418989
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 596?
- 596 seconds is equal to 9 minutes, 56 seconds.
To count from 1 to 596 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 596 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 596
- 596 backwards is 695
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 596's digits is 20
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 596 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!