61 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 61:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 61 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 61
- Cardinal: 61 can be written as Sixty-one.
- Scientific notation: 6.1 × 101
Factors of 61
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 61
Divisors of 61
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 62
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 61 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 60
Bases of 61
- Binary: 111101 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x3d
Squares and roots of 61
- 61 squared (612) is 3721
- 61 cubed (613) is 226981
square rootof 61 is 7.8102496759
cube rootof 61 is 3.9364971831
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 61?
- 61 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 1 second.
To count from 1 to 61 would take you about thirty seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 61 cubic inches would be around 0.3 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 61
- 61 backwards is 16
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 61's digits is 7
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 61 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!