742 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of eight divisors.
Prime factorization of 742:
2 × 7 × 53
2 × 7 × 53
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 742 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 742
- Cardinal: 742 can be written as Seven hundred forty-two.
- Scientific notation: 7.42 × 102
Factors of 742
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 62
Divisors of 742
- Number of divisors d(n): 8
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1296
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 554
- 742 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (554) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 188
Bases of 742
- Binary: 1011100110 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x2e6
Squares and roots of 742
- 742 squared (7422) is 550564
- 742 cubed (7423) is 408518488
square rootof 742 is 27.2396769437
cube rootof 742 is 9.0531830525
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 742?
- 742 seconds is equal to 12 minutes, 22 seconds.
To count from 1 to 742 would take you about six minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 742 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 742
- 742 backwards is 247
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 742's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 742 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!