79 is a prime number. Like all primes (except two), it is an odd number.
Prime factorization of 79:
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 79 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 79
- Cardinal: 79 can be written as Seventy-nine.
- Scientific notation: 7.9 × 101
Factors of 79
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 1
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 1
- Sum of prime factors: 79
Divisors of 79
- Number of divisors d(n): 2
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 80
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1
- 79 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 78
Bases of 79
- Binary: 1001111 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x4F
- Base-36: 27
Squares and roots of 79
- 79 squared (792) is 6241
- 79 cubed (793) is 493039
square rootof 79 is 8.8881944173
cube rootof 79 is 4.2908404271
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 79?
- 79 seconds is equal to 1 minute, 19 seconds.
To count from 1 to 79 would take you about thirty-nine seconds.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 79 cubic inches would be around 0.4 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 79
- 79 backwards is 97
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 2
- The sum of 79's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 79 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!