844 is an even composite number. It is composed of two distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of six divisors.
Prime factorization of 844:
22 × 211
(2 × 2 × 211)
22 × 211(2 × 2 × 211)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 844 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 844
- Cardinal: 844 can be written as Eight hundred forty-four.
- Scientific notation: 8.44 × 102
Factors of 844
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 2
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 3
- Sum of prime factors: 213
Divisors of 844
- Number of divisors d(n): 6
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1484
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 640
- 844 is a deficient number, because the sum of its proper divisors (640) is less than itself. Its deficiency is 204
Bases of 844
- Binary: 11010011002
- Hexadecimal: 0x34C
- Base-36: NG
Squares and roots of 844
- 844 squared (8442) is 712336
- 844 cubed (8443) is 601211584
square rootof 844 is 29.0516780927
cube rootof 844 is 9.4503410569
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 844?
- 844 seconds is equal to 14 minutes, 4 seconds.
To count from 1 to 844 would take you about seven minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 844 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 844
- 844 backwards is 448
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 844's digits is 16
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 844 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 14 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 844 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 14 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/844/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 844 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/844/
The information we have on file for 844 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!